Professional Speaking Course for Migrants
Learn how to:
Communicate professionally and confidently in meetings and job interviews
- Make speeches, such as introducing a speaker at an event
- Communicate confidently with groups, prospective employers and Kiwi colleagues in an engaging way
- Develop and present talks using PowerPoint.
Duration: Seven sessions, two hours per session
Cost: $170 including GST
ARMS English Pronunciation
To perform at your best in the workplace, you need to communicate easily and effectively with other people. This English Pronunciation training will help you achieve this, through face-to-face group and individual coaching.
- Coaching to hear and use subtle aspects of speech and pronunciation e.g. Changes of pitch and rhythm, correct vowel length and consonant sound quality.
- Help with correct pronunciation, illustrated through the practice of particular words, sentences, conversations and interview practice.
- Materials are of the highest quality.
- A strong focus on developing clear articulation e.g. how to adjust mouth and tongue movements to pronounce English sounds correctly
Duration: Four sessions, two hours each session
Cost: $130, including GST, all participant materials and Certificate of Participation.
English Language Clinic
Do you have questions about your English Language?
Our free one-on-one consultation with an English Language Advisor will provide you with:
- Advice about your English learning needs
- Referrals to suitable providers and courses – many are local and may be low cost
- Useful ideas for self-study of the English language.
Dates: Tuesdays, by appointment only
This consultation is free to newcomers on a work or residency visa of five years or less (not including working holiday visas) and who have been in New Zealand for less than two years. For all other visa- holders, a $30 cost applies.
*Please note: This service provides referrals and recommendations to providers and courses. For a formal assessment including a written report, please contact ARMS Reception for further information.*
To make an appointment contact us on 09 625 2440 or complete the contact form below.