Are you new to New Zealand and looking for a job? We run Job Search Workshops and Specialist Employment Workshops.
Job Search Workshop
Our interactive and informative Job Search Workshop is designed to provide a clear job search pathway. We cover the following:
Understanding the NZ business culture and employment environment, English language and communication skills for successful job seeking, customising your CV and cover letters to secure the job you want, how to get local work experience by volunteering, and understanding your basic employment Rights here in New Zealand
Cost: Free for skilled migrants who have been in NZ for less than two years, with a WTR Visa, PR, Silver Fern or Work Visa. On the day of the workshop, please bring with you a copy of passport confirming your current visa status.
*For those on other Visa Categories /Citizens and Permanent Residents (more than 2 years in NZ) you can attend the Employment Workshop which has a registration fee of $40.*
Health and Social Services Employment Workshop
Are you looking for work in the health or social services sectors? Attend our Health and Social Services Employment Workshop for help and advice in obtaining work in the sector.
In this specialist information workshop you will:
- Learn about finding employment in health and social services sectors
- Receive tips and information on preparing a tailored CV, cover letter, and interview techniques.
- Find out what skills, experience and qualifications NZ employers are looking for.
- Receive handy tips from HR and recruitment professionals and have the chance to ask questions.
- Learn more about volunteering in health and social services organisations.
Sales and Customer Services: Employment Information Workshop
A Specialist Employment workshop for migrants looking for work in sales and customer service.
- Learn about finding employment in the sales and customer services areas.
- Find out what New Zealand employers like Air New Zealand and Vodafone are looking for in their staff, with regard to skills, experience and qualifications
- Gain knowledge on the expectations of recruitment agencies and their clients
- Receive handy tips from HR and recruitment professionals and have the chance to ask them questions
- Learn about the importance of communication skills – Is your English good enough? How can you improve it?
Engineering Employment Workshop
Are you l0oking for work in the engineering sector? Attend our workshop for engineers hosted by the Special Interest Group for Immigrant Engineers (SIGIE) in partnership with ARMS
The following topics will be covered in the workshop:
- CV Preparation
- Job Interview skills for engineers
- Transferable skills & competency demonstration
- Current and future job market
- Migrant engineer success stories – hear about their pathways to employment
Accounting Professionals Employment Seminar
Are You A Migrant Accounting Professional? Looking To Find Employment In NZ?
- Learn about the pathway to becoming a Chartered Accountant in New Zealand
- Discover the important steps towards finding employment in the sector
- Get the chance to ask questions of those ‘in-the-know’ in the accounting field
- Gain knowledge on NZ employers’ perspective on the accounts industry and related skills
- Find out how to write a suitable CV and receive practical tips on interviews
- Gain knowledge on the expectations of recruitment agencies
IT Professionals Employment Workshop
Are you an IT professional seeking work in the sector? We offer migrants a specialist employment workshop in this sector.
- Hear about employer’s perspectives on the skills needed in the IT sector
- Learn about New Zealand employment culture and labour market
- Learn how to write a Kiwi-style CV and receive tips on interview skills
- Learn about what to expect from a recruitment agency
- Get follow-up individualised employment planning and support
Looking for work? Using LinkedIn?? If NOT, you’re missing out on a critical part of the current search world
Attend our specialist workshop and learn how to maximize LinkedIn as the main social media tool for the world of work.
At this workshop you will learn:
- The reasons people use LinkedIn
- How to create and optimise your profile
- How to contact people through LinkedIn – what to say to them & LinkedIn etiquette
- Who to connect with when you’re looking for work
- What kinds of things you should post on LinkedIn
- ..…and other tips and tricks
SPECIALIST EMPLOYMENT WORKSHOPS