Vacancy: Safari Programme Manager: Safari Multicultural Playgroup Projects
(MATERNITY COVER-35 hours per week)
Auckland Regional Migrant Services has a vacancy for a Refugee/Migrant Playgroup Programme Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of all strategic and operational aspects of the Safari Multicultural Playgroups
- Support and coaching of Safari Project Workers
- Recruitment and overall management and training of Safari teams including Volunteers, Community Assistants, English teachers, Van drivers
- Setting up a fourth playgroup in Auckland
- Oversight of English Classes and capacity building initiatives for parents
- Management of resources, administration and finances of playgroups
- Relationship building with former refugee and migrant communities
- Collaboration with service providers
- Project Reporting
Must have the following:
- Formal ECE Teaching qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Whāriki curriculum and its associated principles.
- Understanding of former refugee community needs.
- Work history within multi-lingual / multicultural environments.
- Experience managing multicultural teams.
- Proven skills in community / individual capacity building and mentoring
- Proven skills in project management and coordination
- Group facilitation skills
- Current Drivers Licence
- Own vehicle
- Clean NZ Police record
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Good leadership, motivational and organisational skills
- Capable of working both on own initiative and as part of a wider team
- Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
- Excellent listening skills and confidence in talking to people both in groups and on a one-to-one basis
Only those applicants who have provided an ARMS application form, CV and cover letter that addresses the key requirements for the job will be considered.
Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on Friday 4th August 2017.