Are you passionate about supporting refugee and migrant mothers and children?
If you answered yes, join our team!
The Playgroup Coordinator will be responsible for the successful running of a playgroup project in Papatoetoe for former refugee and new migrant families.
About the role:
- 12 hours per week during school term times.
- An understanding of refugee and migrant community needs
- Practical understanding of ECE playgroup operations
- Experience in project and people coordination, and engaging with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Self-motivation, confidence, reliability and flexibility
- Sound administration skills and computer literacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Applicants will ideally have an ECE qualification and/or experience and be able to demonstrate:
The Safari Projects provide a culturally responsive ECE environment for children, alongside English language classes, parenting and other education programmes for the playgroup mothers.
This project is one of 4 Safari playgroup projects run under a partnership between Belong Aotearoa (formerly known as Auckland Regional Migrant Services) and Aotearoa Resettled Community Coalition (ARCC).
For further information, the Position Description and Application form please contact Daranne Theobold on 022 617 9066 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must send a completed application form, cover letter and CV to Daranne Theobold at email@example.com
Applications close 25th January 2019.
The successful applicant must be available to start in late January/ early February.