Are you new to New Zealand and looking for a job? We run job search workshops and specialist employment workshops. See the full list below.
*To see our latest job search workshop timetable click here. Once you decided which workshop you wish to register for please call us on 09 625 3095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.*
*Please note Job Search Workshops are only free to newcomers on a work or residency visa, who have been in New Zealand for less than two years*
To register for other employment-related workshops, click here.
Job Search Workshop
Our interactive and informative Job Search Workshop is designed to provide a clear job search pathway. We cover the following:
Understanding NZ Business Culture and Employment Environment
English Language and Communication skills for Successful Job Seeking
Customising your CV and cover letters to secure the job you want
Get local work experience by volunteering – find out how!
Understand your basic Employment Rights here in New Zealand
Cost: Free for for skilled migrants who have been in NZ for less than two years, with a WTR Visa, PR, Silver Fern or Work Visa. Please bring a copy of passport to be submitted on the day of the workshop.
*For those on other Visa Categories /Citizens and Permanent Residents you can attend the Employment Workshop which has a registration fee of $40.*
Job Club Event
This 3-hour event is suitable for those who have already attended our job search workshop and meet the MSD criteria. If you’re still looking for work, make the most of your spare time and come along and take part in this highly practical workshop with professional Careers Coach – Judi Lubetzky.
For those who have attended our job search workshop.
SPECIALIST EMPLOYMENT WORKSHOPS
Health and Social Services Employment Workshop
Are you looking for work in the Health or Social Services sectors? Attend our health and social services employment workshop for help and advice in obtaining work in the sector.
In this specialist information workshop you will:
Learn about finding employment in Health and Social Services sectors
Receive tips and information on preparing a tailored CV and cover letter, interview techniques
Find out what New Zealand employers are looking for, in regards to skills,experience and qualifications
Receive handy tips from HR and recruitment professionals and have the chance to ask questions
Learn more about volunteering in health and social services organisations
Sales and Customer Services Information Workshop
A specialist information workshop for migrants looking for work in sales and customer service.
The workshop covers:
Learn about finding employment in the sales and customer services areas
Find out what New Zealand employers like Air New Zealand and Vodafone are looking for in their staff, with regard to skills, experience and qualifications
Gain knowledge on the expectations of recruitment agencies and their clients
Receive handy tips from HR and recruitment professionals and have the chance to ask them questions
Learn about the importance of communication skills – Is your English good enough? How can you improve it?
Engineering Employment Workshop
Free workshop for engineers by the Special Interest Group for Immigrant Engineers (SIGIE) in partnership with ARMS
The following topics will be covered in the workshop:
- CV Preparation
- Job Interview skills for engineers
- Transferable skills & competency demonstration
- Current and future job market
- Migrant engineer success stories – hear about their pathways to employment
Accounting Professionals Employment Seminar
Are You A Migrant Accounting Professional? Looking To Find Employment In NZ?
- Learn about the pathway to becoming at Chartered Accountant in New Zealand
- Discover the important steps towards finding employment in the sector
- Get the chance to ask questions of those ‘in-the-know’ in the accounting field
- Gain knowledge on NZ employers’ perspective on the accounts industry and related skills
- Find out about writing a suitable CV and receive practical tips on interviews
- Gain knowledge on the expectations of recruitment agencies
IT Professionals Employment Workshop
A specialist employment workshop for migrant IT professionals seeking work in teh sector.
- Hear about employer’s perspectives on the skills needed in IT sector
- Learn about New Zealand employment culture and labour market
- Learn how to write a Kiwi-style CV and receive tips on interview skills
- Learn about what to expect from a recruitment agency
- Get follow-up individualised employment planning and support
Looking for work? Using LinkedIn?? If NOT, you’re missing out on a critical part of the current search world
Attend our specialist workshop and learn how to maximize LinkedIn as the main social media tool for the world of work.
At this workshop you will learn:
- The reasons people use LinkedIn
- How to create and optimise your profile
- How to contact people through LinkedIn – what to say to them & LinkedIn etiquette
- Who to connect with when you’re looking for work
- What kinds of things you should post on LinkedIn
- ..…and other tips and tricks