These free sessions will provide you with useful information and tips on what to expect when you start your life in New Zealand.
Monday 18 March, 9.30am-1.00 pm
- Learn how New Zealand schools work
- Find out what early childhood education facilities are available
- Check out ‘zoning’ rules and whether it will affect the choice of schools for your children
- Learn about library services
Tuesday 19 March, 9.30am– 1.00 pm
- Know how to find a doctor or dentist, buy medicine or get emergency help
- Check out who pays, and how much, for medical and dental care in New Zealand
- Know what to do and how to get prepared for an emergency
- Get information about staying safe in the water
- Get information from the New Zealand Fire Service about fire safety
Wednesday 20 March, 9.30am –1.30pm
- Learn about how our Police force operates and your rights and responsibilities.
- Getting legal help If you need legal help, you may need a lawyer.
- Learn about your individual rights, including: human rights, consumer rights, employment rights, tenancy rights and much more!
Thursday 21 March, 9.30am—1.30 pm
- Learn about financial planning
- Get information from IRD on Retirement planning and the KiwiSaver scheme
- Learn about reading tax summaries, doing tax returns, calculating & paying the right tax, tax credits and tax refunds
*Please note that this session may be videoed, photographed or audio recorded for marketing purposes. As it is possible that audience members may be incidentally recorded or photographed, please let us know if you specifically want to be excluded and we will ensure you are not shown.